Recruiting Coordinator at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for a customer-centric Recruiting Coordinator to join the People Operations Department. This person will be crucial in helping the recruiting team meet the increasing hiring needs of the Claims department. Preference will be given to Team Members who exhibit strong communication capabilities and take a sense of pride and ownership in their work.
We have a dynamic work environment where every individual is encouraged to be themselves. Our culture is precious to us, so the expectations on a recruiter to find a phenomenal culture add is as important as finding the right skill set. If you’re up for the challenge to find smart, caring, and fun people to work with, then this job may be perfect for you.
Candidates for this position can work remotely for the time being, with a preference to return to onsite work in our Seattle office in the future.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Post job openings on recruiting channels
- Review resumes and screen candidates
- Coordinate all stages of the interview process for all positions in the Claims Department, as well as other roles and recruiters as needed
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with Claims Leadership
- Attend job fairs and other recruiting events (virtually or in-person)
- Balance coordinating 10-20 open job positions at a time while maintaining communication with hiring managers and candidates
- Additional project work utilizing Excel, LinkedIn, Jobvite, and other platforms
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, equivalent experience accepted
- Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- A pro-active problem solver who is not afraid to ask for help
- Digital literacy must include a solid understanding of Microsoft Suite
- Experience using jobvite or another applicant tracking system preferred but not required
- Experience working in claims and/or insurance is a plus!
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Positive, friendly, and customer-focused demeanor
- Effective communicator with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and driven to tackle new challenges
- Ability to multitask and be flexible to change
- Confident, reliable, and excellent teammate!
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight recruiting goals
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Tech-savvy ability to learn new systems quickly
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.