Senior Compensation Analyst at PayScale
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
What You Do: In this critical, highly visible role, you will provide thought leadership, strategic recommendations and the execution of compensations strategies that tie to the future of work.
As a high growth company, you will contribute both strategically and hands-on as we scale our business operations. We believe in integrated talent strategies that align to business outcomes, which means you'll need to understand how compensation fits into a much larger picture driving not just internal impact but external impact for PayScale.
As a Senior Compensation Analyst a typical day may include the following…
- Working with HR and business leaders to evolve our end-to-end compensation strategy with a focus on the talent lifecycle.
- Building and cultivating strong partnerships with senior leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and compensation-related strategy and execution to ensure a high-performing, engaged workforce.
- Analyzing and presenting relevant metrics and insights to drive the focus and execution of strategy.
- Execute on day to day responsibilities such as matching and aligning on base compensation and pay grades for new and existing positions, gathering benchmarking data and recommending compensation changes.
- Making bonus/incentive recommendations based on our current talent strategy.
- Ensuring that PayScale has competitive and fair compensation plans to all employees.
- Influencing leaders to address complex compensation issues required for business success as we expand our footprint.
- Utilizing your expertise as our resident compensation specialist to help influence our product roadmap.
- Amplifying our PayScale compensation software by working with Marketing and Sales as both a customer and external leader.
- Collaborating with other People team functions in the development and implementation of People programs.
- 7+ years of progressive compensation experience within fast-growing technology startups
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HR or equivalent combination of degree and experience
- Current Compensation Certification
- Proficient with PayScale’s compensation software.
- Strong excel skills including using advanced features (pivot tables, look-ups, index, macros a plus, etc).
- Experience researching, developing, designing and executing compensation philosophies that align with changing workforce dynamics associated with remote work, growth and expansion.
- Extensive experience influencing business leaders individually and collectively.
- Experience administering compensation programs including, but not limited to: Developing and maintaining a company's pay structure, performing compensation analysis, ensuring compensation structures are fair, equal and comply with changing laws and regulations.
- Analytically driven: You are experienced utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem-solving and root cause analysis. Strong aptitude to translate metrics and data insights into measurable strategy.
- Service Orientation: You have a strong service orientation with a commitment to providing an excellent employee experience regardless of the request.
- Approach: You are approachable, empathetic but also bring sound judgment and problem-solving ability to whatever is in front of you.
- Detail oriented: The little things matter! You are highly organized, adaptable and able to flourish in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Influence & Relationship Building: You have a highly collaborative style while also always working to get results. You dare to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance, and advocate for the best interests of the organization.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator: You are a clear, concise, professional communicator both when you're working with the business.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclites (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Apply! No one ever got anywhere staring at an empty form
- Recruiter screen. Our best in class Talent Acquisition team is ready to read you in.
- Hiring Manager Screen.
- Interview via video with the interview team.
- Possible final round interviews.
- Hiring decision.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us every Friday. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.