Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition - North & Latin America
We are seeking and experienced Talent Acquisition leader to lead a team of Talent Advisors and drive the formulation and implementation of strategy for LPS (Lodging Partner Services) and ARM (Analytics & Revenue Management) in North & Latin America.
Expedia Group’s global lodging inventory supply organization – known as LPS - is a strategically pivotal function which manages relationships with, and supply from, more than 450,000+ Partners in 200+ countries. As well as managing supply relationships, LPS is also innovating and commercializing numerous products and solutions for the hotel industry. LPS is a truly global organization with approximately 6000 employees in working in over 65 countries.
LPS can be broken down to three groups that provide 60% of the demand for the talent acquisition function:
- Market Management– a highly professionalized field organization that works with Expedia Group’s hotel and property to acquire and manage supply availability and pricing.
- Market Operations – this function is accountable for supporting content management and day-to-day servicing of hotel and property relationships; customer and partner support
- Strategic Accounts - manages strategic relationships with the world’s largest hotel chains.
In addition to the above groups LPS also has additional global organizations across; Marketing & Innovation, Product, Finance, Analytics & Revenue Management, and Strategy & Business Development, and currently has 1800 employees in North and Latin America, across 18 countries.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition and supports hiring managers across the organization with workforce requirements. Qualified candidates will have a successful track record partnering with leaders & managers (to VP level+) to drive recruitment processes that leads to identifying and hiring high quality talent, whilst ensuring a differentiated candidate experience. You will manage a team of 12 based in Seattle, Dallas & Mexico City, making approximately 700 hires per year.
What you'll do:
- Define and drive the Talent Acquisition strategy for North and Latin America
- Manage all team members, including commitment setting and performance management
- Drive workforce planning and capacity planning, optimizing the team to deliver against full hiring demand whilst ensuring productivity targets are being met
- Monitor headcount execution plan and partner with business on headcount planning
- Drive operational excellence within the team
- Ensure business leaders prioritize position requirements based on business need, improving the quality and time to hire when filling positions
- Partner effectively with Human Resources (HR) partners to manage client relationships
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners to ensure a high-quality experience for hiring managers, the talent acquisition team and candidates
- Build strong trusted advisor relationship with leaders to drive recruiting success
- Translate hiring needs into candidate generation plans, and set clear expectations for the timeframe and partnership needed from the business
- Ensure that a positive candidate experience is managed by leading a high-quality recruitment, feedback and communication process
- Advise hiring managers on strategic staffing issues including industry talent trends, best tools to use or sources for candidates
- Coach the business and team to deliver a consistent, compelling & motivating message to prospective candidates
Who you are:
- Proven impact and influence skills and track record of successfully engaging with senior leaders to drive talent acquisition strategy
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including experience in working effectively in a global context
- Ability to assess and translate business strategies and workforce implications
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Project management skills, ability to deal with ambiguity & demonstrated collaboration skills
- Demonstrated analytic skills and knowledge of workforce planning
- Effective strategic thinking, problem solving, cross group collaboration, and oral/written/persuasive communication skills
- Energetic, solution-oriented, self-motivated and results focused
- Flexible and adaptable style and can successfully navigate competing priorities
- Deep understanding of talent acquisition and its relationship to talent management
- Familiarity with a highly matrixed environment
- Strong managerial experience. Experience managing a remote team would be an advantage
- Proven delivery in a fast paced, results orientated environment
- Experience in high volume and specialist recruitment
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.