Senior People Ops Manager at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to take risks and innovate.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
Zipwhip’s People Team provides leadership for initiatives that support talent, performance, change management, new leader coaching, organizational design, Diversity & Inclusion, employee relations and more. We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our People Operations team headquartered in Seattle, WA. The HRBP will be a strong strategic partner to leaders and employees at all levels within the Company. As a strong operator, this role will work in close partnership with our leadership teams and employees in building upon and enhancing our culture. You’ll align closely with business leaders in supporting their orgs and teams through strategic and fluid initiatives around designing and executing on organizational goals and initiatives that align to our overall business goals.
As a fast-paced scaling organization we’re looking for someone who is highly engaging, inquisitive on the business and people side, and looking to make a significant impact in our growth and culture. In this unique role, you'll be a key partner to ensure our programs and HR strategies continue to attract, retain, and develop the best talent in the industry.
As a lean but impactful HR team, we're looking for the right mix of entrepreneurial spirit, yet operational excellence that will help the company and business scale. As a key HR partner, you will provide business leaders with data-driven recommendations and support that enhances company culture, performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
About our Team
Our Talent and People Ops teams are critical business partners and are core to the overall growth of the business and culture. We are at the heart of promoting and living by Zipwhip’s values in all we do. We work together as a team, so you’ll partner cosely with other HR team members to brainstorm, plan, and drive key initiatives and projects forward. If you want to work on interesting problems, innovate together, and be a key influencer and leader for our internal customers in a fast paced and fun environment, then this is the place for you!
What you’ll be working on:
- This role combines a broad set of HR disciplines including strategic insight and advice to managers and employees in the areas of employee relations, coaching, employee development, organizational change management, Diversity & Inclusion, benefits, compensation, rewards & recognition, conflict resolution, and more.
- Partner and collaborate with the SVP of People, Sr. Director of Learning & Development and the broader People Ops Team, as well as business leaders across the Company in establishing HR plans and solutions to achieve strategic business initiatives that deliver on our goals.
- Execute on HR strategies and activities that drive improvement, growth, innovation, and advancement of people and teams- including such activities as recommending, designing and implementing programs, solutions, and tools that drive organizational effectiveness.
- Act as a primary and daily HR partner for dedicated internal leaders, managers, and employees to provide both hands-on and strategic input and advice in the areas of employee relations, performance management, conflict resolution, organizational development/training, compensation, benefits, and more.
- Help develop, participate and lead various Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategies and initiatives.
- Plan, lead and execute core HR disciplines including the performance review process, talent calibrations, merit/compensation, promotion cycles, etc.
- Navigate with detail and diligence tricky and complex HR activities including performance management, leave of absences, accommodation requests, terminations, etc.; escalating where appropriate.
- Provide excellent employee service and act as a main point of contact for employees who have HR questions regarding company policies, procedures, programs, and general company issues.
- Develop, review, and regularly report on key HR metrics/data; analyze and identify trends in key people metrics that impact the business.
- Partner with the team in executing our Employee Engagement Surveys and pulses throughout the year.
- Support COVID-19 plans and related communications
- Coaching and counseling for leaders and employees in real time with a sense of urgency.
- Consult with partners on various employment related areas as well as immigration and visa applications.
- Support Company policy development and drafting as well as compliance related activities.
- Draft and support employee internal and external communications.
The skills you’ll need:
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources or relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in High Technology, SaaS, or Software companies
- Knowledgeable in employment law, employment legislation, and experience in compliance management
- Experience working with diverse teams, driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a scaling organization
- Strong Excel, project management and presentation skills
- PHR or relevant HR certification a plus
Who You Are:
- Culture and Team are important to you! You care about our vision and share our core values of determination, innovation, respect, enthusiasm, collaboration, and trust.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core to your nature; you recognize that a diverse team can make an incredible impact and you support DEI as a people leader.
- You're a strong thought leader, particular in organizational and people related ideas and strategies.
- While you are strong strategically you are also an executor, willing to roll up your sleeves and jump into any situation to drive improvement and resolution
- You enjoy the entrepreneurial pace but thrive in an environment where you can impact the structure and establish operational excellence to support business scalability.
- Deadlines and quality matter to you.
- Employee confidence and trust are innate in you as you hold yourself to the highest confidentiality standards.
- You demonstrate the ability to strike the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/compliance.
- You're highly analytical and ensure that the organization rigorously measures and analyzes the right things to drive success.
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies.
- You can think strategically yet roll up your sleeves and execute on day-to-day implementation, while managing competing priorities and various projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills.
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to influence and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site (remote for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access which we look forward to returning to post COVID-19 though we maintain a Remote Work Policy.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when onsite working) hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.