First Mode draws on the exceptional talent and creativity of its multidisciplinary team to solve the toughest problems on and off the planet. We help companies, governments, and individuals from the earliest stages of problem definition to prototype creation and demonstration. A continual desire to discover and invent has led our team to drill into the unknown surface of Mars, electrify large industrial equipment, and apply remote sensing technologies to water conservation.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
First Mode’s lean Recruiting team is looking to add an experienced Senior Technical Recruiter to help us rapidly scale our team of world-class talent. This role will own full-cycle recruiting for a variety of technical roles across engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, systems, software, firmware, and beyond. You will partner closely with our engineering executives and hiring teams to help achieve our ambitious hiring goals. The ideal candidate is a driven, professional, and efficient self-starter who is passionate about growing teams of engineers to build the barely possible.
- Drive full life-cycle recruitment for technical roles including: sourcing, resume review, interviewing, feedback, offer process, and closing
- Partner with hiring managers and executives to understand their hiring needs and help maximize their team’s hiring output
- Facilitate presentation interviews, feedback sessions, and pre-interview syncs with hiring teams
- Use creative methods and tactical sourcing strategies to seek out and engage top-tier talent
- Work closely with recruiting coordinators to move candidates through the interview process smoothly and efficiently
- Drive offer process, including generating and extending offers, and closing candidates
- Develop hiring strategies based on inclusionary recruiting practices that ensure efficient, effective and objective evaluation processes
- Craft effective job descriptions to build a compelling pitch for qualified candidates
- Consistently track recruiting activity via our applicant tracking system and report progress to stakeholders
- Ensure every candidate has an excellent interview experience regardless of outcome
- Represent First Mode with integrity and professionalism
- 4+ years of experience as a full-cycle, technical recruiter
- Experience working in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, especially in technology
- Consistent track record of sourcing and hiring a high volume of technical talent
- Demonstrated success generating candidate pipeline across multiple channels (web/social/professional networks, etc.) including passive search
- Possess the technical knowledge required to conduct initial phone screens and calibrate against job descriptions for a variety engineering roles
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Knowledge of and passion for diverse and equitable recruiting practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adept at multitasking while maintaining superior attention to detail and organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, applicant tracking systems, and LinkedIn Recruiter
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.