Sr. HR Business Partner
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
OfferUp At A Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
We’re looking for a results-driven, Sr. HR Business Partner who can both dive into the details with key client groups and take a step back to plan and then deliver on programs. This role will help business leaders use data to plan ahead , and make recommendations that improve performance, retention and the employee experience. Whether helping to design and roll out performance management, or enhancing our compensation structure across the business, you bring a strong business and client focus, along with analytical rigor will be required. You will leverage your program development skills and organizational savviness to bring these initiatives to fruition.
- Provide world-class HR Business partner support to multiple internal technical clients.
- Define, design, build, and deliver programs that the business needs and that can scale.
- Could include managing vendor relationships.
- Represents the cultural cornerstones of the company such as being driven, neighborly, and adaptable. Works closely with leadership to ensure the best possible employee experience.
- Partner with the business leaders on potential performance, employee and manager development, and talent management initiatives and analysis.
- Handle employee relations within client groups.
- 8+ years of professional human resources experience in fast-growing tech companies; of that, 3+ years HR Business Partner experience
- Strong business, analytics and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and initiative
- Demonstrated success in creating competitive compensation, benefits, and total rewards plans
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders in the execution of people initiatives focused on business priorities
- Solutions focused, flexible, able to cope well with and lead teams through change.
- Employee relations, change management and team development experience
- Strong business and employee experience focus
- Commitment to academic excellence and continuous learning as illustrated by the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources, and certifications such as a PHR,SPHR, or SHRM-CP are a plus.
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.