Sr. HR Manager, HRBP at Expedia Group
Expedia Group is in the midst of a transformation and passionately focused on revolutionizing the travel industry. We are fast-paced, high-energy and in it to win.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Sr. HR Manager/Strategic Partner with the ability to build impactful relationships, influence business direction based on business judgement and data, thrive in ambiguity and is motivated by creative problem-solving. This person will design, implement, sustain and maintain people plans (talent strategy) in support of aligned client groups, as well as the broader Expedia Group HR organization. Key focus areas are organizational design, engagement, talent management and talent development. This position requires versatility and being comfortable with operating across tactical and strategic spaces. As a team we believe in working hard, laughing often and working together to achieve big. One Team, Group First.
This role reports to a Senior Director, Human Resources.
What you'll do:
- Think Big and Small. Understand strategy and key objectives at the Expedia Group, HR and client group levels. Help lead development and implementation of both key business and HR strategies that align with those objectives.
- Develop and implement strategic, impactful people plans in support of a specific client group. Have a Bias to Action.
- Be Data Driven and Business Judgement Led. Drive informed decision-making using data to identify trends, determine root causes of issues, and develop effective solutions.
- Relentlessly Strive for Better. Define, develop, and support programmatic approaches to core rhythms of the business such as the annual review cycle.
- Strong partnership with HR Shared Services/Communities of Excellence including Analytics, Compensation, Talent Acquisition and global Regional HR teams to achieve our organizational goals.
- Successfully drive company-wide programs and initiatives including programs supporting performance management, total rewards/compensation, talent acquisition, workforce planning, organizational and talent reviews, and change management. Simplify.
- Create and implement effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change and provide group and individual coaching with leaders to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, problem solving and performance management.
- Partner with the overall Expedia Group HR team to identify and address competency, knowledge, and talent gaps through needs analysis as well as identifying trends.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of HR experience in positions of increasing scope and responsibility (strong preference for HR business partner experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other relevant field
- Strong proven relationship building, business acumen, consulting, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated competence in organizational development, coaching, compensation, and employee relations
- Effectively work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Flexible and high tolerance for ambiguity
- Work independently and within a team to achieve results
- Ability to travel as part of the role
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.