At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference in helping our people achieve their dreams and aspirations?
The Sr. Learning & Development Partner implements and manages learning and development programs on behalf of the People Team within PitchBook, driving programs from conception to creation to on-going maintenance and continuous improvement. The Sr. Learning & Development Partner applies their expertise in adult learning to ensure effective, efficient capability building that targets critical skills and behaviors that drive success and meets business needs while integrating the PitchBook Company culture throughout. Primary areas of focus are skill development, learning support for all employees, and eLearning development.
The PBLearning Team is a global team, with teammates in Seattle, New York & London, and serves all of PitchBook's learning and development needs in a way that boosts individuals' success. Our team is a focused, effective, and really fun group of individuals with a passion for developing people and creating effective and lasting change. This role will greatly contribute to the management, facilitation, growth and scalability of current, as well as new, learning and development programs.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Delivers performance and development programs to support PitchBook's values, growth initiatives, and reinforce role competencies
- Works with the curriculum design team to develop blended, classroom-based, virtual facilitation, and eLearning programs. May be called on to develop training materials as needed
- Facilitates training including instruction, feedback, development plans, and coaching
Project and Program Management
- Develops collaborative relationships with HR Partners, key business leaders, subject matter experts and other Employee Development team members to identify performance improvement opportunities, to close knowledge or performance gaps, and to gather source content for learning curriculum
- Works cross-functionally to develop performance and development solutions that improve business results through increased retention, improved engagement, and developing high-performing employees
- Assists employees and managers in assessing their performance and learning and development needs; recommending solutions, arranging for training sessions or developing customized training and team development sessions as needed; following-up to assess the effectiveness of the recommended programs
- Applies decision making skills, creativity, and expertise in learning theory to the co-development and implementation efforts that support PitchBook's People Development strategy
- Works closely with the HR Partners to support various organizational effectiveness programs and organizational change initiatives
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 5 years of professional experience in the learning and development field or other relevant experience
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties require periodically working outside normal working hours (evenings, early mornings)
- Successfully designs, develops and manages complex programs
- Creates innovative and effective learning content
- Talented facilitator/trainer
- Able to create an engaging and effective learning environment, both in-person and in live virtual training environments
- Creative thinker, self-starter with a proactive approach to resolving problems and issues
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete work with a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Brings a customer service mentality to the work
- Works well independently and as part of teams
- Eager to learn, grow, and build skills, while working in a fast-paced environment
- A plus if already certified in Crucial Conversations, Situational Leadership II, DiSC and/or Insights Discovery
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily