University Recruiter at Flexport
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.The Opportunity:
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. The Recruiting team is focused on building the talent to support and fuel our exciting growth plans.
The University Recruiting Team is growing and as a result, we are looking to add a new University Recruiter on our team. As the University Recruiter, you will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment of interns and new grads across Flexport. Responsibilities include planning and executing on-campus/virtual events, driving recruiting efforts, and advising the business. You will also interview and facilitate interviews, maintain updates in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse), facilitate diversity initiatives, manage university relationships and candidate communication. In addition to recruitment, the University Recruiter will support the internship program.
We are looking for an applicant excited in the prospects of being part of a small team that is helping talented individuals grow within our organization. As a result, the University Recruiter position is impactful and will play a vital role in shaping and driving our university recruiting program and strategy.
Please be advised this position is not remote, nor will it provide relocation assistance. You will either need to be near the area or be willing to relocate independently.
- Run full-cycle recruitment for Interns and New Grads across various departments
- Source and identify candidates while tracking data to ensure you’re investing in sources with the highest ROI
- Partner closely with our Recruiting and Hiring Leaders to ensure we attract, assess, and close the best candidates
- Regularly over-communicate information such as candidate pipelines, recruiting funnel metrics, and performance data to internal stakeholders
- Build trusted candidate relationships, drive offer approvals, and extensions
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree with at least 2 years of experience in Recruitment (University/Campus Recruitment highly preferred)
- Relationship Management - Managing various stakeholders
- Drive for results. You bring the drive to see processes through end-to-end and ensure you deliver top talent every time; Data and metrics are a motivator.
- Hustle. Ability to multitask and manage ambiguity
- Humility. No task is too big or too small;
- Positivity. We work awfully hard and we’re having a blast doing it
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- True excitement about hiring collegiate students
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.