Vice President, Talent & Rewards
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced people leader to serve as Vice President of Talent & Rewards. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge in HR programs and strategies as they relate to attracting and acquiring talent. This role will report to our SVP of People Operations and will lead our recruiting, compensation and benefits teams to design, execute and deliver results that ensure Smartsheet is an employer of choice for top talent as we scale globally.
- Bring thought leadership and drive Smartsheet’s Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards philosophy, strategy and practices; ensure alignment with business growth goals and priorities
- Lead the team’s efforts in the design, development, implementation and communication of innovative Talent Acquisition & Totals Rewards programs, solutions and policies that ensure the organization is able to attract and retain the best talent in the industry
- Ensure operational effectiveness in order to scale the team’s impact; build internal processes and systems to support what Smartsheet needs today and in the future
- Provide benefits expertise and guidance in the evaluation and selection of suppliers, consultants, and partners, and be able to lead the negotiation of fee structures and contracts
- Provide expertise and guidance in the development of Smartsheet’s compensation philosophy, bringing deep understanding of market trends and the competitive landscape
- Partner with Employee Experience team to analyze, monitor, and maintain gender and ethnic pay equality
- Drive analytical rigor and deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing and future programs; establish and drive key metrics including usage, engagement, and cost analyses
- Responsible for all compensation and benefit efforts, partnering with FP&A, payroll, and accounting teams to ensure all programs are effectively managed
- Responsible for all recruitment and hiring efforts to support Smartsheet’s strategic initiatives, including ensuring a diverse pipeline of candidates and the highest levels of candidate care
- Partner with Internal Communications & Influence team on building and maintaining our employer brand, ensuring that our brand is both an asset in our markets and reflective of our values
- Partner with the Employee Experience team to ensure an inclusive candidate selection process, and achieve a high-performing, diverse workforce, with a goal of parity to our local communities
- Serve the Board of Directors and Compensation Committee on all compensation matters, including all equity programs, peer group selection, and executive compensation
- Build and develop an exceptional Talent & Total Rewards team; ensure that they are technically strong, possess a high level of business acumen, are effective partners and capable of delivering results on time and at quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, or related field or 4+ years equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in people operations; talent acquisition, total rewards, compensation and benefits, human resources management
- 7+ years’ experience leading people operations teams
- Proven experience creating, scaling, and managing innovative talent strategy programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience creating, scaling, and managing global total rewards programs, including world-class employee equity programs, preferably in the technology space
- Skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on emerging priorities as part of a large scale transformation
- Experience working with global teams and locations.
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed