VP, Global Human Resources
At Remitly, our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. Today we help immigrant communities around the world send over $8 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We believe our vision, mission, cultural values and customer-centric people are strategic differentiators for our business. These are not just words; we work hard to embed this philosophy into every aspect of our work. We are looking for an inspiring and experienced leader of Global HR to innovate, custom build and execute HR practices and programs to successfully scale our culture globally and continually improve the performance, success, engagement and retention of all employees. This key role will report directly to our Chief Customer and People Officer.
As our VP of Global HR, you will:
- Custom design, develop, execute and continuously improve an innovative People strategy to scale our Remitly cultural values.
- Execute this People strategy via HR integrated principles, processes, cadence and tools to attract, develop, engage and retain customer-centric high-performing employees.
- Strategically design, buildout, inspire and lead our Global HR team as servant leaders and cultural role models for our global employees
- Build, launch and lead an HRBP function across the organization
- Lead and manage day-to-day work including Onboarding, Performance Management, Global Benefits, HRIS, Learning & Development, Compliance, Compensation execution, and Employee Engagement.
- Drive strategy, initiatives and projects to grow deeper servant leader/manager capabilities across all teams thereby ensuring a high-performing, diverse and inclusive workplace will flourish
- Design and drive improved and transparent culture-based performance management processes and outcomes
- Help implement our compensation philosophy throughout the employee and company lifecycle
- Proactively manage and continuously improve from employee relations feedback
- Create and implement an incisive actionable People Scorecard
- Manage the workflow documentation of our global processes and share employee self-help tools via an updated HR Wiki page
- Oversee US/UK payroll, working towards a modern, migrated solution
- Innovate and drive employee engagement strategy, cadence, survey implementation, data analysis, action planning and progress benchmarking
- Manage current HRIS while also driving the research, selection and implementation of a new highly-effective global HRIS/payroll system
- Deeply partner with our global talent acquisition team to operationalize our cultural values and successfully onboard new employees in our rapidly growing business
Who you are:
- Leader with strategic, innovative mindset coupled with proven ability to execute and continuously improve in a culture-first, data-driven environment
- Experience with and desire to build a company where people and culture are at the center of everything we do
- Able to understand company strategy/initiatives and properly translate those into the highest impact work and successful outcomes for the HR function
- Strong understanding of HR fundamentals and experience custom-designing, implementing, executing on innovative HR solutions
- Inspiring people leader, with passion for and proven success attracting, developing and retaining highly motivated and high-performing HR professionals
- Extensive business knowledge with comprehensive understanding of key HR functional areas.
- Deep employee relations experience and acumen
- High EQ with a strong work ethic and passion for excellence
- Data-driven mindset
- Proven ability to sweat the details
- 15+ years experience; 8+ years management responsibility.
- Experience performing in and managing HRBPs and/or HRBP function
Who we are:
Remitly is a customer-centric, deeply-caring, fast-growing independent digital remittance company. We transfer over $8 billion in annualized volume through our proprietary global money transfer network across North America, Europe, Australia, Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Our reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors including World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. We are headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.