Workday Payroll Analyst at Convoy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:58 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
As a payroll analyst at Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Payroll enables our employees to have confidence in getting paid timely and accurately while supporting other stakeholders in making well informed decisions as it relates to human capital.
You will take ownership of:
- Processing accurate and timely on and off cycle payroll as required and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Reviewing and reconciling benefit deductions.
- Understanding incentive compensation plans and calculations to ensure proper payroll processing.
- Ensuring proper timekeeping rules are followed and correctly reflected in the payroll records.
- Reviewing and verifying quarterly and annual tax reconciliation reports.
- Registering new local and state tax jurisdictions and partner with third party vendors to expand payroll internationally.
- Handling research, analysis and resolution of payroll tax issues from the IRS, state or local tax jurisdictions.
- Completing the year end requirements including processing of W-2’s, annual reconciliations, and reviewing submission of wage data to state and local governments.
- Reporting employee payroll contributions to third party vendors on a timely basis.
- Administering stock option activities as it relates to payroll.
- Contributing to the month end accounting process including daily, bi-weekly, and monthly payroll journal entries as needed.
- Maintaining schedules of reconciliations for payroll and benefits related accounts as required to support the financial statements.
- Delivering audit support and ad hoc business data needs as requested.
- Working with the Controller to develop proper internal control policies, procedures and documentation for compliance.
- Assisting with testing the Workday system implementation, integrations, and upgrades.
- Monitoring file integration with ADP, OSV or similar provider to ensure accurate and timely tax, garnishment, and wage payment processing.
- Performing other ad hoc accounting functions and project-based activity as needed.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of full payroll processing experience, Workday and/or ADP experience a plus.
- Deep knowledge of payroll fundamentals and processes including federal and multi-state tax regulations.
- Problem Solving – Adept in analysis of payroll data, process improvements, and quick thinking to meet deadlines.
- Technical background – Workday preferred and strong Excel Skills.
- Customer Service – Strong communication skills and customer focused thought process.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing organization.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Experience in the following are preferred but not required:
- Trucking or logistics background.
- Experience with SQL and R/Python.
- Strong math background.
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or other Fortune 500 company.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description