Android Engineer Intern - Summer 2020
Do you want to ship a project and be mentored by the best next summer?
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
The OfferUp Mobile Development Team is looking for an Android Engineering Intern to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. Each developer on the team is responsible for all aspects of our native Android application, from new features to tracking performance. Come learn, get mentored and ship a product this summer!
What you’ll do:
- Leverage your considerable experience and knowledge of best practices building mobile solutions to build an appealing and easy to use app.
- Craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow best practices, hit deadlines, exercise professionalism (in what you do and how you do it), and maintain an active interest in the overall success of what we're building as a company, beyond just the scope of your projects.
- Developing top to bottom including new features, networking, caching, testing and continuous integration.
- Implement material design when coding new features or modi and will work with the leading and bleeding edge technologies.
- Pursuing a bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, graduating in 2021.
- Passion for Android development
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively drive and self-manage projects in collaboration with other team members.
- Eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.