Backend Engineering Intern at Fetch Rewards
Candidates: This is a 3 month opportunity that may turn into a perm position after 3 months.
Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require growing the engineering team. We’re looking for Backend Engineering Interns to contribute immediately and hopefully transition to full-time positions upon completion of the internship. Must be a Senior or Graduate who is able to work full-time hours.
You will build highly performant backend services to integrate seamlessly with our data stores, message queues, mobile and web platforms, and other systems. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with the mentorship of an experienced team member.In your toolbag
- An understanding of functional or object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn quickly
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- Object oriented or functional programming languages
- Relational and eventually consistent databases (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Distributed systems
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.