Content Copywriter - Marketing Intern at Barn2Door
Content Copywriter - Marketing Intern
Barn2Door is rated by Built-In Seattle as one of the Top 50 Small Businesses to Work For (< 100 Employees). We are a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture, and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
The ideal candidate for a Copywriter Content Marketing Internship will be team-oriented, an effective communicator, have a desire to help drive industry change, and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities. We are seeking someone with an educational background in marketing and/or journalism. It is important to be able to understand marketing data to inform your decision-making. An understanding of, and passion for, Farming is highly desired.
To be successful in this role you need to be an effective communicator (both written and verbal), curious, detailed-oriented, collaborative, technology-adept, and self-motivated. You will have the opportunity to execute content marketing strategies that have measurable results for the company. You will learn online tools including, but not limited to, HubSpot (a Customer Relationship Management software), Slack, Google Business Suite, and Barn2Door’s platform.
This full-time internship is ideal for recent college graduates seeking an early-career opportunity in marketing, including experience and exposure working inside a fast-paced startup environment. This is an on-premise job that will require you to work from our office located in Fremont (on the Burke Gilman trail). You will work closely with the Content Marketing Manager and Marketing team to support Farmers' success.
- Curious, a learner, and seeking to grow. Writing brings you joy and your forte is short copy!
- Self-identified problem-solver, resourceful, humble - no task is too small
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter (this isn’t a theory it’s a must)
- Creative and can turn ideas into marketing assets in a timely manner
- An excellent communicator, collaborator, and team member who looks to fill in gaps and make a difference
- Willing to work with a high degree of independence and keen on working in a fast-growth startup environment
- Ambition to learn more about startups
- Hunger to learn technology and productivity tools, such as G! Suite, Hubspot, Slack, Hootsuite, Squarespace, Confluence, and Barn2Door’s ecommerce platform
- Confidence to ask questions, contribute ideas and invite continual feedback
- Nice to have: food or farming domain knowledge and / or a passion for local farms and changing the food system
- Draft & Edit marketing content assets (including website pages, email marketing campaigns, sales collateral, social media posts, and video scripts) to align with brand guidelines
- Gain an understanding of tone and messaging approach to appeal to Farmers
- Optimize content for SEO and measure impact to improve metrics
- Work with Marketing leads to discuss, plan, and execute goals
- Willingly support other areas of the business - namely in Marketing and Sales where your hard work, positive attitude, and detailed nature could be of value
- $17 an hour, working full time 40 hours a week for 6 months
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- To grow your skillset and experience with end-to-end insight into a tech startup
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Hip startup office environment on Lake Union (Fremont)
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results-driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated, and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups, and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.