Corporate Accounting & SEC Reporting Intern
The Corporate Accounting team is looking for a Corporate Accounting & SEC Reporting Intern to assist with the monthly close processes, including preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations, analyzing month-over-month and quarter-over-quarter variances, and ad-hoc special projects as required to support the Accounting and Finance function. In addition to assisting with the month-end close process, you will be able to work on account reconciliations, variance analysis and commentary, expense reimbursements, earnings release and 10-Q preparation, and special projects, such as participation in the monthly CFO review meeting or SOX walkthroughs with our auditors. You will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting but will work with the entire Corporate Accounting and SEC Reporting teams. You will gain an understanding of the responsibilities of the Corporate Accounting and SEC Reporting functions and will gain exposure to tasks within the monthly close process, as well as tasks which are more unique or complex in terms of accounting (such as internal-use software, share-based compensation, or leases).
The Corporate Accounting team owns all P&L and Balance Sheet accounting other than that related to revenue, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue. In addition to the management of monthly close and consolidation processes, this team covers a variety of challenging topics including internal-use software, leases, share-based compensation, payroll accounting, and self-insurance. The SEC reporting team owns earnings release and quarterly SEC filings, as well as technical accounting for complex transactions.
- Participate in the monthly close process for Corporate Accounting, including preparation of journal entries, financial statements, and variance analyses
- Assist with other month-end close responsibilities including cost allocations and account reconciliations
- Provide support to Accounting & Finance management and other internal customers, including ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly financial statements and footnotes for required SEC filings, including ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Assist with backup documentation for quarterly Earnings Call script and presentation
- Assist with quarterly review requests from our external auditors
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.