Digital Marketing and Sales Intern
Are you a positive, driven, tenacious, and organized person? A sales and marketing and digital media enthusiast? Yesler is seeking a part-time Digital Marketing and Sales Intern who is looking to catapult their career!
During this internship, you will contribute to the success of marketing and sales through social media support, direct participation in the end-to-end sales process, and execution of marketing tasks. You'll learn marketing planning, messaging, voice, and engagement, and digital marketing production.
You will work directly on Yesler digital properties, like staging and posting in WordPress, and helping with social media -- from curation to publishing, nurture new inbound contacts, and drive outbound efforts to identify and pursue new accounts. As our intern, you will also get a chance to get certified in favorite marketing tools and will gain experience in planning and executing marketing campaigns and events. Benefits include flexible scheduling, an established employment reference, and the chance to create a portfolio of work at a company known for delivering results. You'll also have the opportunity to shadow and sit in on meetings with Strategists, Community Managers, Creatives, and Marketers as you learn how a marketing agency works to deliver outstanding work for our clients.
You'll work up to 20 hrs/week at our office in the Smith Tower, but we are flexible depending on your availability. The duration of the internship will be 8-12 weeks, dependent on your school schedule and requirements, with the possibility of transitioning to an ongoing part-time position after you've completed the internship. Local candidates only.
Your work may include:
- Assist with curating, writing, scheduling and posting social media content
- Craft micro-content designed from brand materials for use in social media
- Take photographs for use in social media
- Maintain brand standards according to an established identity
- Provide support for developing monthly marketing reports, analytics, and PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Provide support for marketing activities and operations, like event support, data cleaning, and working on sales materials
- Help manage content schedules, editing, and posting on Yesler.com
- Monitor clients' social channels and assist with community engagement
- Identify good-fit prospects and establish a contact and champion strategy
- Conduct outbound email and phone calls to qualify leads
- Serve as initial contact for new business inquiries
- Work in a Salesforce-based lead generation environment
- Work in HubSpot for social media, content management, blog publishing, and lead nurturing
- Assist with Yesler's career page and employment brand
Qualifications and requirements
- Current student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Confident with clients, and strong verbal communication skills
- Technical savvy
- Creativity, intrinsic taste and an eye for design
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Keen attention to detail, ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate and understands the needs of each project
- Intermediate skills with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Additional Qualifications (Not Required)
- HubSpot, Salesforce, or other platform certifications
- Photo or video production
- Proven skills in Adobe design products
- Web design: UI, CSS, HTML
Yesler is a B2B marketing agency that blends strategy, creativity, and technology to build demand, engage customers, and grow revenue for our clients. From offices in Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, and Toronto, we're a team of more than 200 strategists, designers, technologists, media experts, and analysts who are on a mission to change the marketing status quo. We take an integrated approach to serving the entire marketing organization-not only the strategies, content, and programs to create demand but also the infrastructure, operations, and project management required to execute, measure, and optimize for results.
Yesler has continually been recognized as a great place to work. We've earned 19 Best Workplace Awards over the last decade, including Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces, and we were named one of the Top 50 B2B Marketing Agencies by Chief Marketer in 2016 and 2017.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences, so we can ultimately be better together.
Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, and internships are not based on a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.