Graphics Engineer Intern
Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to work with top industry talent on daring visuals that inspire generations to come at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by their creativity to fulfill their vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create...and we need your help to create it. By leveraging the latest research in real-time rendering, our Graphics team wants to empower developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Book of the Dead, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, as well as the Neon demo. Stay tuned for more amazing graphics coming in near future!
- Help build the future generations of graphics technology
- Learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building features and tools that empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences
- Work with an exciting and high-energy team to power the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world
- Computer graphics knowledge
- Proficiency in C++ or C#
- Experience with a graphics API (OpenGL/DirectX) on PC, mobile, or console
- Experience developing visual tools or interactive experiences
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience in game graphics or tools programming
- Modern graphics API knowledge (i.e. DX12, Vulkan, Metal)
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders, graphics algorithms’ profiling and debugging
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools, especially custom tool development
- Familiarity with UI development, especially CSS
Unity believes interns are the future of our company! We are looking for bright, motivated and eager students to join the Unity team for the Summer of 2019. Unity University is a 12-week internship program full of meaningful projects, learning opportunities, mentorship, and even more fun! Through mentoring from fellow colleagues, you will gain tremendous experience in multiple functional areas, setting the stage for an awesome career. Interested? Apply now!
What can I expect during my internship?
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Expected hours: interns can expect to work 40 hours per week
- Mentorship: interns will be matched with managers and mentors to help with career development over the 12 weeks
- Start dates: interns will start in 2 cohorts with either a May or June start based on school schedule
- Perks: Interns will receive competitive pay, housing assistance, commuter benefits, and an awesome work environment
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.