Accolade at a Glance ... Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com
The Clinical Analytics Data Engineer Intern, reporting to the Senior Director, Clinical Analytics and the Sr Data Scientist, Product Development, is responsible for creating meaningful and impactful solutions in an increasingly technology-driven health care industry requires not only technical skills but experience understanding the needs of the patient as a wholistic human being. This position will build elegant, data driven content grounded in a strong clinical vision to support Accolade’s upcoming suite of clinical programs.
A day in the life…
- Build patient identification algorithms using medical claims and pharmacy claims data to power Accolade clinical programs
- Create clinically meaningful characteristics for display in downstream nurse care management application
- Integrate and work with modern data services to make algorithm results and clinical characteristics available to the rest of the data platform
- Analyze algorithms to build a business case, and work with multidisciplinary stakeholders to improve performance based on clinical program objectives
- Collaborate with data scientists and subject matter experts to incorporate novel techniques in model building and tuning
What we are looking for…
- Relevant experience with Python
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries
Desirable but not required:
- Experience in data science python libraries (pandas, numpy, etc)
- Skill or interest in healthcare data, experience working with medical or pharmacy insurance claims data
- Knowledge of healthcare data coding systems (ICD10, CPT, NDC/GPI)
- Statistics coursework or training
What is important to us...
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.