Accolade at a Glance .. Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com
The Communcations Specalist Intern, reporting to Sr Director, Communications, is responsible for working directly on projects that will be deployed companywide, on Accolade social channels, and shared with national media. Accolade became a public company in July 2020 and we have a high professional bar for the quality of our communications. We have an important story to tell externally, and internally we have many employee voices to elevate. The intern will walk away with published work for their portfolio, tangible examples and outcomes of the communication projects they support. They’ll have metrics on how well their content performed. The intern will have gained applicable specialist level experience on high visibility projects.
A day in the life...
The intern will be welcomed into the “trees,” which is the metaphor the corporate communications team has chosen to represent how we work together! Like trees in a forest, we have a strong root system that connects our team and we support each other.
This role will work most closely with our internal and PR/external communications functions. From engaging with Accolade’s 1300+ global employees to building thought leadership for our brand in the healthcare space, we’re a busy team and there will be lots of opportunity for gaining professional experience with many aspect of communications. The types of projects the intern could expect to work on include:
- Creating engaging stories and content for internal consumption. This may include identifying and publishing internal stories, pitching ideas, and interviewing employees
- Producing the weekly companywide newsletter and managing the internal editorial calendar
- Drafting press releases, social media content, internal announcements and news.
- Creating social media content for the Accolade channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
- Researching and pitching media targets for announcements.
- Researching and informing the larger team on industry trends in healthcare.
- Measuring outcomes for media and internal through monthly reporting.
- Partnering with a vendor to produce videos.
What we are looking for…
- Ability to work individually and solve problems while being comfortable working in and collaborating with teams
- Currently pursuing BA / BS in related field
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines effectively
- Ability to multitask and manage time successfully in a constantly changing environment
- Strong writing, communication, and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude and flexible approach that combines energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook Calendar, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media platforms
What is important to us...
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others:
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done:
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful:
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare:
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.