INTERN - Workplace Experience at Avalara
This fun and exciting opportunity will give you exposure to event planning and employee experience at a fast-paced software company, while providing a unique experience to work closely with the Workplace Experience team on events and projects. As an Avalara intern, you are given the opportunity to be mentored throughout the duration of the internship and are included in various department meetings and fully integrated into the projects of the team, to create a fully comprehensive learning experience that will empower you to confidently move forward in achieving your career goals.
- Learn fundamentals of event planning: event logistics, event marketing, on-site coordination, post-event wrap up.
- Support the Company Picnic Event on August 3rd.
- Assist with the execution of event deliverables and gathering of event materials for upcoming events.
- Learn fundamentals of venue and vendor research.
- Engagement with peers, Sr. Leaders, and Executive Leaders through meetings and project work.
- Assist with planning Sales Kick-Off Events, Company Meeting, East Coast/ West Coast Ping Pong Tournament, and Company Outreach Events.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records and files for all events.
- Support catering events and Partner Events at Avalara Hawk Tower.
- Assist with special projects and related duties as needed.
- Current Junior or Senior in college.
- Event planning or project management experience preferred.
- Ability to commit to a 10-week program throughout the summer
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage and coordinate simultaneous projects and tasks with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize requests.
- Must take initiative and have a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Resourceful and has a “can do” attitude with projects.
- Must be available on Friday, August 2nd – Saturday, August 3rd.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.