Marketing Acquisition Intern
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As our Marketing Acquisition Intern, you will work closely with the team to grow the Remitly customer base, improve the customer experience and ensure we are working efficiently.
This position is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to many facets of offline and digital marketing within a high-growth start-up and requires a mix of the art and science of marketing – at times you’ll need to think like our customers and, at other times, you’ll be working to make sure we execute our programs flawlessly. Innovation, analytical aptitude, attention to detail and a bias for action are key to success in this role. This is a unique opportunity for an aspiring marketer with an interest in media to gain exposure to performance marketing in a global, fast growing consumer business. You’ll also get a chance to touch global markets like the Philippines, Mexico and India (among others).
Strong performance within this role has the potential to lead to full time employment with Remitly after you graduate!
- Work with offline and digital marketing team to identify new channels to test
- Track and analyze the performance of key markets; optimize channels and spend weekly
- Competitive analyses
- Buy execution and stewardship
- Invoice reconciliation
- Cross discipline coordination
- Meet with existing and potential vendors and partners
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates should:
- Be currently enrolled in a 4 year Bachelor’s degree program in marketing, media, advertising, digital or business
- Familiar with fundamental marketing principles
- Be flexible. Our environment is constantly changing and successful candidates should be comfortable with some amount of ambiguity.
- Have a “do what it takes” attitude and want to make an impact with an amazing organization as we grow.
- Be customer centric. Have the ability to walk in the customer’s shoes and advocating on their behalf.
- Be skilled with Excel, SQL a huge plus
- Have strong analytical aptitude with experience make data-driven marketing decisions
- Be a focused self starter who can manage a workload against multiple competing priorities and deadlines
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with diverse cultures and target audiences
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer