Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
Accolade’s MBA Summer Interns will gain a front-row seat to the most meaty challenges the company is tackling. These interns will own discrete deliverables but also work together to ensure the ultimate output of the intern group is more than the sum of its parts. They’ll be asked to demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to lend their skills and intellect to other important topics that may arise throughout the summer. We’re looking for individuals who are excited about our ambitious mission, passionate about the value of our service, and keen to roll up their sleeves and contribute from the outset.
A day in the life…
Accolade is in growth mode – most in the organization will be heads down, consumed with “getting things done” as the 2019 plan requires. We’ll benefit from sharp resources with an objective view and the capacity to do needed strategic work. Below are some examples of assignments you may be given:
- Assess a process within our Operations organization – e.g., how we connect members to a telemedicine provider or expectant mothers to the appropriate maternity program – and determine ways the process could be optimized.
- Evaluate our Health Assistant and nurses’ needs as relates to a piece of technology being deployed by our R&D organization – are they ready to take full advantage of it to the benefit of our members? What can we do to ensure successful deployment?
- Support Corporate Development by researching a market / its players and developing a perspective on whether a particular capability would be additive to our service and, if so, how we should approach collaboration.
- Consider trends in the employer benefits space and brainstorm additional capabilities that would help us drive more business.
Ultimately, an intern’s focus will be determined based on their particular background, interest areas, and the needs of the business as we enter Summer 2019.
- MBA candidates preferred.
- Past experience or coursework in healthcare valued.
- Past experience in strategy consulting and/or corporate development a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated interest in Operations Management, Client Experience / Quality, and/or Healthcare investing / Corp Dev of interest.
More than anything, we’re We’re looking for people who are curious and capable of moving quickly with minimal direction.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.