Product Management Internship- Summer 2019
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $20+ Billion in transactions
- Geekwire App of Year
- 50+ Million Downloads
We are looking for a Product Manager intern to join our small, agile product team this summer. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial team player who can lead a cross-functional team, and thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven, execution-focused environment. If you want to gain experience at a rapidly growing start-up, and ship real, impactful work, then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Partner with engineering, design, data science, biz ops and other product groups to develop, implement, A/B test and launch new features
- Develop overall vision, strategy, requirements, key results and future roadmap for your feature
- Manage project plans, deliverables, backlog and ensure feature is on-track and aligned to overall team goals and business strategy
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate project risks and removing blockers
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (CS, EE, etc.) and graduating in 2020. MBA preferred
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent technical, analytical and data-driven skills
- Passion for customer obsession, diving deep and delivering results
- Experience in entrepreneurship (created an app, product, etc), leadership (via on campus groups, scholarships, etc), and product experience (previous PM or engineering internship)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices. A/B testing and hypothesis data-driven experience a plus
- Authorization to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life.