Product Manager Intern, Graphics at Unity Technologies
As a Product Manager Intern at Unity, you will be learning how to help drive the requirements and goals of features with an interdisciplinary development team, to build future generations of graphics technology. You will work with the team to gather feature requirements and validate customer needs. Together, we will work with the other feature teams to create delightful workflows that span multiple teams and features. You will learn our engine's capabilities, then help the team to deliver on expanding specific features and pipelines that empower Unity developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world!
Imagine a tiny team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by their creativity to fulfill their vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it. By leveraging the latest research in real-time rendering, our Graphics team wants to empower developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness without any repetitious drudgery.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Book of the Dead, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), the Spaceship Demo, and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo. Stay tuned for more amazing graphics coming in the near future!
- Work with the graphics product manager to provide customer requirements and feedback for the team
- Assist and support the Graphics team with validating projects during development, with clear communication throughout the process
- You will be an active member of the team, attending and providing updates in team meetings, distributing meeting notes, and following up on action items
- Work with limited supervision and use independent judgment outside of established procedures when necessary
- You will gain valuable experience learning product management in a software as a service environment that will translate well towards long term roles in entertainment or business software
- Some experience working on cross-disciplinary teams for personal, school, or internship projects
- Familiarity with defining a product, and reaching alignment with team members on product goals
- Exemplary collaboration and communication skills: listen to, speak with, and resolve conflicts with members of varied disciplines in a clear and efficient manner
- Detail-oriented, organized, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and socially intelligent. Experience working for creative teams and navigating conflicting priorities
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and adapt quickly to new technologies and tasks.Methodical and investigative disposition; be willing to ask questions, but be willing to dig for your own answers as we well
- Knowledge of the games industry pipelines and processes
- Internship with one large-scale game team or two or more non-game production cycles
- Ability to be productive during morning hours as we will be working with teams across multiple time zones
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.