Product Manager Intern (remote) at DreamBox Learning
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (PST) on Monday, August 24, 2020
STEM skills are increasingly important to our future workforce, yet more than 60% of students in kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math within their own grade-level. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and reaching their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology that inspires students and empowers teachers.
At DreamBox, we’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. We believe all children can excel at learning, no matter where they start, where they live, or who they are. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning™ platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping nearly 5 million students and 200k educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. And as a rapidly growing tech company, we are just getting started. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
About the Role
As a Product Manager Intern, you will partner with engineers one minute, design, marketing and other key team members the next to drive solutions in DreamBox’s educator experience. You'll analyze data to understand usage and customer feedback to inform product enhancements that optimize learning and engagement.
This is a rare opportunity to be a part of a small, high energy, rapidly growing company at an exciting time in the development of EdTech. Check us out at DreamBox.com and see what our teachers and students think on twitter.
What You’ll Be Doing
As part of a 12-14-week Fall internship, you will be responsible for executing and delivering a specific project within the educator experience.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Understand and advocate for the customer’s needs
· Partner with UX and drive customer research where needed
· Collaborate with our UX, data science, engineering, curriculum, sales, & marketing teams to identify and design new innovations that benefit students and teachers
· Analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
· Communicate data, insights, and business requirements clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence
· Partner with UX and engineering team through the development process to bring solutions to life
· Support Marketing to help develop customer-facing messaging
· Measure feature impact relative to goals
· Maintain a prioritized backlog for future feature iterations
· Works closely with Product Managers, UX, Engineering, Teaching, Sales & Marketing
· Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
· Have prior internship experience in software industry
· Experience building web products working in an agile environment is a plus
· EdTech experience is a plus, but not required
· Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve problems
· Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and drive results
· Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
· Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
· Organized, focused, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description