Research - Marketing Intern at Barn2Door
Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
In this role as Market Research - Intern you’ll be responsible for contributing as a Market researcher to help us source, identify and capture details on prospective customers. The work will include targeted research in certain states and markets, combing resource directories, reviewing website, social posts and listservs.
To be successful in this role you need to be curious, detailed-oriented, collaborative, technology-adept and self-motivated. You will learn online tools including but not limited to HubSpot (a Customer Relationship Management software), Slack, Google Business Suite and Barn2Door’s platform.
This part-time internship is ideal for a college student seeking a resume builder or early-career opportunity, including experience and exposure working inside a fast-paced startup environment. Our office is located in Fremont (next door to SeaWolf bakery)! This is an on-premise job as you will work closely with the team to support Farmers' success.
- Curious, a learner, and seeking to grow. Researching brings you joy!
- Detail-oriented, able to complete rote and tedious work for the greater good
- Self-identified problem-solver, resourceful, humble - no task is too small
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter (this isn’t a theory it’s a must)
- A good communicator, collaborator and team member who looks to fill in gaps and make a difference
- Willing to work with a high degree of independence and keen on working in a fast growth startup environment
- Ambition to learn more about startups
- Hunger to learn technology and productivity tools, such as G! Suite and Slack, Hootsuite, Squarespace, LuckyOrange and Barn2Door’s ecommerce platform
- Confidence to ask questions, contribute ideas and invite continual feedback
- Nice to have: food or farming domain knowledge and / or a passion for local farms and changing the food system
- Conduct detailed market research for the business
- Analyze data and share insights on market trends, characteristics and attributes in a given market(s)
- Research competitive solutions, market coverage and conduct a SWOT assessment
- Willingly support other areas of the business - namely in Marketing, Sales and Success where your hard-work, positive attitude and detailed nature could be of value
- $12 - $15h DOE, working part-time (20h per week during the School year / up to 40h in Summer)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- To grow your skill set and experience with end-to-end insight into a tech startup
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Hip startup office environment on Eastlake (Lake Union)
- Must have #Heart for Farmers, local food and environmental stewardship
- Must be able to commit 6 hours per day at least 3 days per week (to be agreed upon with the Market Research Manager)
- Must be domiciled in the State of Washington and legally authorized to work in the United States
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.
University of Washington Lavin Scholars encouraged to apply