Sales Operations -Analyst Internship- Summer 2019
Do you want to ship a project and be mentored by the best next summer?
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what’s nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Download
The Sales Operations team partners with OfferUp’s executive, product, and sales teams to drive key strategic initiatives, address critical business challenges, and develop and execute strategies accelerating growth opportunities for OfferUp’s Autos platform.
We are currently seeking an exceptional Analyst Intern to join our new operations team this summer to help support data-driven decision making across our autos and sales operations. This position requires a person with an inquisitive nature and strong understanding of SQL and experience with Excel.
What You’ll Do
- Measure and report on sales performance and the effectiveness of sales operations initiatives
- Drive sales and operations strategy by crafting insights via data analysis
- Develop new initiatives to increase sales productivity
- Ad-hoc analyses to inform OfferUp’s Autos business, sales, and product strategy
- Monitor Autos marketplace and sales health metrics and communicate key findings to leadership
- Create automated dashboards/reporting to support a measure of self-service insights for the sales, account management, and operations teams
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s program in Economics, Business Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field. Expected graduation, 2020.
- Analytic Skills. Experience with Excel and SQL and familiarity with basic statistical concepts are prerequisites
- Insane business curiosity. Skilled at breaking down complex business, product, or policy questions from all possible angles to garner key insights. You enjoy using data to answer challenging questions that inform key business decisions
- Self-starter with strong work ethic. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects with shifting priorities. You are scrappy and resourceful; you know how to do more with less
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can synthesize complex analytic results, present key findings in compelling visual formats, and communicate them effectively to a broad audience
- Relevant experience working with real-world data
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools
- Experience working at a fast-paced technology company