Are you an undergraduate business management or industrial engineering student interested in gaining experience in the areas of sales operations and revenue management? Do you have a strong foundation in business analytics and financial management that you can apply to real-world problems at a fast-growing, start-up software company? Do you have strong teamwork and collaboration skills that you can bring to help a global sales team improve performance?
At Yapta our mission is simple: To give our customers confidence in travel. To that end, we are the world’s leading company for airfare and hotel rate price assurance, analytics, and cost savings. We dynamically monitor millions of prices for airfares and hotel rooms every month, and transform that data into highly meaningful savings, insights, and reports. Since 2007, we have brought technology leadership to the travel landscape and our 8,000+ corporate customers including 127 of the Fortune 500. Recently named to the Inc. 5000 for 2018, Seattle Business Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work 2018, and Deloitte’s Fast500 for North America for 2018, Yapta has pioneered the category of travel price assurance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Sales Operations Fall Intern to help Yapta scale our global marketing, sales and services organization. The Sales Operations team is a key part of our revenue generation process and it provides our field teams with the processes, tools and technologies required to rapidly grow our business. This role will take on several projects over the summer including improving our CRM data quality, developing management reports, building customer revenue models, and improving our sales forecasting accuracy. This role requires a basic familiarity of Salesforce Sales Cloud and strong Excel data analysis skills as well as a solid understanding of financial accounting and cash flow modeling concepts. This role will work with team members in marketing, sales, and services around the globe to support their operational needs.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Identifying and resolving Salesforce data quality issues to improve accuracy in opportunity management and revenue forecasting.
- Developing management reports and dashboards in Salesforce to assist the team in analyzing and improving business operations.
- Assist in development of process automation and improvements for the monthly commission reporting process
- Improving the accuracy of the current customer revenue/value forecast model
Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree track in business management, industrial engineering, operations or a related field of study
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and precision
- Good communication skills with the ability to present your work to a wide audience
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work well with a variety of team members
- Strong organization and follow-through skills with the ability to maximize your personal productivity in an unstructured work environment
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with limited guidance
- Experience and confidence in using Excel for data analysis is required
- Familiarity with Salesforce Sales Cloud is preferred
- Business Intelligence or SQL development skills are a plus but are not required