Software Development Engineer Intern - OfferUp - Summer 2020 at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
OfferUp is looking for a Software Development Engineering Intern! Join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace as you gain exposure to many different tools and technologies such as Python/Django, Java, Redis, PostgreSQL, and Docker. You'll also gain hands on experience with a variety of AWS cloud technologies, and will make an impact building core backend services for the OfferUp application. Come learn, get mentored and ship a product!
Here’s more of what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with OfferUp's development teams on new services and features - Backend, Platform, Android and/or iOS
- Leverage your considerable experience and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow best practices, hit deadlines, exercise professionalism (in what you do and how you do it), and maintain an active interest in the overall success of what we're building as a company, beyond just the scope of your projects
- Developing top to bottom including new features, networking, caching, testing and continuous integration
- Implement material design when coding new features or modi and will work with the leading and bleeding edge technologies
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and graduating in 2020
- Some experience in programming languages such as Java and Python
- Passion for software engineering
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively drive and self-manage projects in collaboration with other team members.
- Eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.