Software Development Intern - Data Engineering at New Engen
You know when you’re scrolling through your social media feed and come across an eye-catching ad? It was probably one of ours. New Engen is a marketing services and software company focused on helping companies achieve business breakthroughs through marketing experimentation. Why? Because our mission is to Elevate Marketing Teams. With minimal funding to date, New Engen has quintupled headcount, quadrupled growth, and expanded to six offices nationwide – with no plans to slow down anytime soon. Come grow with us.
We are focused on helping our partners achieve massive scale of new customer value across all digital marketing platforms. We are results driven, committed, iterative and transparent. Our teams of expert Marketers, Application Developers and Frontend Developers help tackle some of the most complex digital marketing challenges.
At New Engen we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we embrace it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity.About the Role
Do you want to join our team of talented, collaborative, and fun engineers? Does the idea of building a groundbreaking, next generation AI marketing platform used by name brand companies sound exciting?
New Engen is looking for a Software Development Intern in our Data Engineering team to come in and work on real projects with real code. You’ll help build scalable and performant data pipelines and data lakes that provide critical information for our tools and teams.
This is an exciting and meaningful role and is ideal for someone with enthusiasm, dedication, excellent technical and communication abilities and a real passion for growing our company into its next phase.We'd love to hear from you if
- You've programmed in Java and have a grasp of Java fundamentals
- You want to help create and optimize data pipelines for large amounts of data
- You are passionate about working with services and serverless technologies
- You want to learn new technology and gain practical skills
- You want to work with and learn from a team of engineers
- You want to write real code and see it ship to production
- You have a passion to build software in the cloud (AWS)
- You want a chance to create something new in a rapidly growing company
- You have dedication to your customers and want to make a difference
- You do not have an ego and enjoy working on a team
- Problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Competency in Java development
- Passion to learn about data pipelines, data lakes and fact/dimension tables
- Desire to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- A desire to be challenged and create something new
- Excitement to be mentored and broaden your skill set
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- You're familiar with tools like Spring, Git, and Gradle
- You have completed some Java projects
- You have completed an internship
- You have some data engineering experience
This is a paid full-time internship working 40 hours/week. The duration is between 10-12 weeks, between May/June-August/September (depending on school calendar).