Software Engineer Intern (Cloud) at Tempered Networks
About Tempered Networks
Our simple and elegant solution that we call Identity Defined Networking (IDN) addresses the fundamental flaw of TCP/IP. With IDN, an IP address no longer serves as a device’s identity—just its location. IDN enables you to instantly create identity-based overlay networks that are inherently secure and incredibly simple to manage.
Software Engineer (Cloud) Internship
The Internship will allow this person to to learn and solve complex technical issues for internal and external Tempered Networks customers. Depending on the track for the Internship they will code, build and handle multiple Service assists requests of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, provide daily communication to team as well as document progress, technical solutions and product information in our tracking system and knowledge base.
- Communicate with team members and report weekly on project progress
- Improve Tempered’s HIPclient and HIPserver packaging
- Improve code quality and more testing
- Less bash scripts and more C for system internals
- Gain more HIP experience and knowledge
- Complete application integration example
- Work on Zerocopy IPC for data flows
- Strong C and C++
- Strong TCP/IP network programming. BSD sockets, routing, VLAN, Overlays, VXLAN
- Good knowledge of Linux system internals i.e. systemd, iptables, dbus, dhcpd, dns
- Good knowledge of build systems and GNU make
- Package management for different Linux platforms, apt-get, yum, dnf, .deb .rpm
- Prior experience with SDN open source projects is helpful i.e. Openstack Neutron, Open vSwitch (OVS), OpenMUL
- Third or Fourth-Year standing preferred
Should the internship be required for academic purposes, we can work together to ensure the student will receive credits.
Tempered Networks is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tempered Networks does not accept 3rd party candidate submissions.