Software Engineer Intern
Ekata (formerly Whitepages Pro) provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
We are looking for Software Engineer Interns to help our team build and maintain high performance backend services. Our group is responsible for the Ekata Identity Graph – state-of-the-art technology linking businesses back to humanity (people, businesses, locations, phone numbers, email addresses, and URLs). The graph represents 5 billion unique data elements and enormous size of 11TB. Our microservices are the backbone of our products and are developed with high availability and performance in mind. Catering to low latency and high query volume at this scale opens up exciting opportunities.
This team uses the coolest of technology and algorithms to store, process, move, browse, analyze, and learn from more data than you can even imagine. On this team you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain several high performance microservices
- Ensure code follows the design and insist on the highest coding standards
- Follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture
- Find innovative ways to improve data accuracy and quality.
- Transform the way we process data.
- Work with small, agile teams to put impactful code into production.
- Akka http
- Apache Airflow
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Redis, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, and Apache Solr
- AWS products: EMR, S3
Our ideal Software Engineer Interns will:
- Know programming fundamentals in Java, Scala, or a similar language.
- Possess a willingness to learn new languages and techniques to solve challenging problems.
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent, graduating before July 2021 from a top university. GPA of 3.5 or higher is preferred.
- Cultivate a collaborative software development ethic where you value the importance of both offering and acting on feedback.
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.