Software Engineer Intern
Limeade is an engagement company that inspires employee commitment and elevates company culture. Our mission is to improve well-being in the world. We are looking for a talented, passionate and innovative intern to help us do exactly that.
At Limeade, we take a whole person, whole company and whole ecosystem approach to measurably improve employee well-being and performance. But we go much further than that, helping our customers build cultures that support well-being that move the needle on their business goals. Our engagement platform is immersive and holistic – as it must be to help solve the bigger well-being and engagement problems facing today’s businesses. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade serves over 100 employers and top global brands.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com
About the role:
We are looking for a Developer Intern to join the platform team. The platform team is responsible for providing API / services that abstracts health, wellness and activity data for a multitude of consumers – both web-based and mobile clients. The team focuses on ensuring the reliability, performance, and high availability of the mission critical account data and metadata. You will join the team in the design, development, maintenance and monitoring of this software.
This is a fun and fast paced environment. If you like to design, write/re-factor code, get things done, be challenged with tough problems and love to work with smart people, this is a place where you will have a lot of fun.
We are looking for you if:
- You are passionate about providing solutions that delight customers
- You have solid computer science fundamentals
- You understand code and the value of unit tests
- You are a strong developer focused on building lasting solutions
- You are excited developing distributed, high-performance web applications and database systems
- You are result driven, guided by principles and best practices, and thrive in a fast paced, iterative development environment
- You are a creative problem solver, and pay attention to detail
- If you love to learn and to challenge yourself, you’ll love this job
- Develop features within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to the team regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
- Work directly with CTO, PM and the rest of a fun development team
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- BS degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or equivalent expected within 18 months
- Experience with C#, Java, or similar object-oriented language
- Experience with SQL Server or similar database technology a big plus
- Excellent technical and communication skills
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.