Software Engineering Intern
Who is Karat?
Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams. Yet, it's no one's job to do it with fairness and professionalism -- so we made it our job.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Our mission is to be the world's interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity, and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths
Engineering Interns at Karat
As a member of Karat's engineering team, you will get to work on an exciting mission with a highly collaborative team that feels like family. You will be able to easily relate to the product given that you're likely going through technical interviews. As we are a young company, you will work closely with others but also receive mentorship from industry veterans as you help us to shape the premium interviewing experience we are endeavoring to create. We want individuals who are hungry to take ownership of their work and who want to make a significant impact. We believe that a flexible work environment is where people are most comfortable and productive.
- Currently studying for a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar degree.
- Available for a 12 week internship during summer 2020.
- Believe in our mission and crave the ownership and responsibility we will give you.
- Self-starter attitude to learn, build, ship, and own.
- Strong experience in a dynamic language used for web development, such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
- Experience with web apps - you know how HTTP, Rest, and web security works.
- At home in a Unix/Linux workflow.
- Distinct passion for product-driven development and you love writing clean, understandable, and maintainable code.
- Desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, plus you will always go the extra mile to provide happiness to your customers.
- Interviewing, teaching or mentoring experience is a plus as it will help you relate to our mission and culture.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.