Software Engineering Intern at Karat
Our mission is to make every job interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps engineers find jobs that maximize their strengths and potential.
Karat conducts first round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Wayfair. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics. As the software engineering industry continues to grow, this presents more opportunities for Karat to become the leader in helping organizations hire engineers.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.Engineering at Karat
As a member of Karat's engineering team, you will work on an exciting mission with a highly collaborative team that feels like family. You will be able to easily relate to the product given that you're likely going through technical interviews. Since we are a young company, you will work closely with others, contribute to team culture and practices, and receive mentorship from industry veterans. We're looking for individuals who are hungry to take ownership of their work and who want to make a significant impact on the product and beyond.About You
- Currently studying for a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar degree.
- Available for a 12 week internship during summer 2020.
- You believe in our mission and crave the ownership and responsibility we will give you.
- You have a self-starter attitude to learn, build, ship, and own.
- You have experience working on web applications - you know how HTTP, Rest, and web security works.
- You have experience in a dynamic language used for web development, such as Ruby or Python.
- You're comfortable in a Unix/Linux workflow.
- You have a distinct passion for product driven development and you love writing clean, understandable, and maintainable code.
- You have a desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, and you will always go the extra mile to provide happiness to your customers.
- Interviewing, teaching, or mentoring experience is a plus as it will help you relate to our mission and culture.
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.