Software Test Engineer - Intern at Qualtrics
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps — the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
10,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback — more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees. We create software to help turn customers into fanatics, products into obsessions, employees into ambassadors, and brands into religions.Qualtrics Engineering
Our Engineering team is a group of deeply passionate engineers who are breaking new ground in cloud computing and web scalability. We organize and sort terabytes of data and develop solutions used by millions of users every single day. We design products that make sophisticated research simple. Engineering focuses on these tenets; Platform-oriented, API First, Secure, One Product (Our customers shouldn’t have to learn two different ways of solving the same problem), and Quality (Our customers rely on our products to drive their businesses. Our software must work. If a feature is buggy, don’t release it (if it hasn’t been released yet), fix it or take it out.)Quality Engineering Challenge
- Design test plans and test cases for mobile and web applications
- Find, triage, and document bugs worth fixing
- Conduct ad-hoc and scripted manual tests
- Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product and tools (such as logs) to narrow down repro issues steps and isolate the root problem
- Contribute to test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex, distributed SaaS systems
- You ensure the product is tested at the appropriate level (unit vs integration vs end to end, API vs UI), reducing unnecessary test cases, intermittent failures, and decreasing execution time.
- Drive quality processes like bug triage, releases decisions, and feature completion criteria
- You mentor and develop your other team members.
- Available for a 12-16 week internship during summer of 2020
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as IT, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar with Computer Science coursework or minor
- Familiar with front-end technologies, REST web services and/or Databases
- Strong testing aptitude
- Strong level of curiosity