Trust & Safety- Risk Analyst Internship- Summer 2019
Do you want to ship a project and be mentored by the best this summer?
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 50+ Million Downloads
We are looking for an inquisitive and data-driven Risk Analyst Intern to join our Trust and Safety team. Our team is responsible for creating experiences that our customers love by partnering with Product and Customer Experience to help find solutions that help predict, detect, and mitigate marketplace risks. As a Risk Analyst Intern, you will be challenged with working with a wide set of business risk problems that require a creative and strategic approach to data extraction, analyses, and risk/fraud identification.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on strategic, real world fraud and risk projects with milestones, timelines, and deliverables.
- Analyze very large volumes of data to discover patterns related to trust and safety.
- Interpret and present analytical findings and actively participate in discussions of results.
- Develop and deploy risk mitigating algorithms utilizing predictive analytics onto various production systems impacting fraud visibility, crime/fraud prevention and operation optimization
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Ability to write advanced SQL queries with some knowledge of ETL
- Some Python data tools experience with pandas, numpy, sqlalchemy, statsmodel, etc.
- Interest in and academic understanding of Bayesian statistics, regression modeling, and machine learning concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment and independently make decisions
- Eligible to work in the U.S.