UI/UX Design Intern
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
We are looking for a UI/UX design intern to join our marketing team and contribute to the evolution of PitchBook's digital presence. We need a designer who is adept at working with In Design, understands brand ecosystems and utilizes varying user research methods to foster decision-making and facilitate team discussions that drive projects forward. Our designers have an immediate impact on our brand and story, whether through enhancing the functionality of existing features or designing entirely new sections on our public-facing website. While industry knowledge is not required, we are looking for someone with the desire and aptitude to learn about the industry and our user base. They will play a pivotal role in updating, maintaining and creating new features for the PitchBook website.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Design wireframes, visual comps and mobile responsive layouts for website pages and features
- Participate in strategy, visual conceptualization and production of web-related projects
- Work closely with product managers, designers, copywriters and the development team to move projects from design build to final launch
- Assist with HTML and CSS updates to current and new web pages and features
- Perform quality assurance testing on current and new web pages and features
- Update, maintain and optimize website file repository and showroom in InVision
- Collaborate with the marketing design team to ensure consistent brand use across channels
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience as UI/UX designer or similar role
- Strong visual design and communication skills
- Employ knowledge of website and mobile best practices to create world-class experiences
- Ability to create/update graphics and designs with minimal support
- Understand how visual and interaction design work together to create great user experiences
- Ability to balance multiple projects, organize priorities and communicate across departments
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate and support design decisions
- Must have a digital portfolio showcasing projects
- Skilled in Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Adobe CC
- Experience with front-end web design, including working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with B2B/SaaS technology/websites
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.