UW Sales Practicum Spring Internship at PitchBook
At PitchBook, we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity, and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer-centered attitude, and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook, we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Are you someone that is wanting to learn how to build rapport and relationships? Are you eager to understand how to help professionals, all the way to the C-Suite, find a product that can help with their key business decisions? Are you tenacious, outgoing, and a great communicator? Are you wanting to put these lessons to the test and gain real sales development experience while learning the foundation of sales from a continuously growing and profitable company?
Our 10- week UW Spring Practicum Internship is an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of SaaS sales while also being able to flex your cold call muscles. The internship will allow you to learn Salesforce, Outreach, sales tactics while also learning about private equity, venture capital, and the M&A market.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Week 1: PBU
Week 2: Makin' Bacon
Week 3: Salesforce and Outreach Training
Week 4: Call Structure/ Voicemail/ Mock Call training
Week 5: Email training and practice
Week 6: Due diligence/learn how to research for tailoring purposes
Week 7: Review of PBU/Makin Bacon
Week 8: Mentor Week/ Review Call Structure
Week 9: Mock Call practice
Week 10: Call off
Skills and Qualifications:
- Love to prospect
- Work with a strong sense of urgency
- Are naturally and highly curious
- Have terrific prioritization skills
- Are stellar and professional communicators, both verbally and in their written works
- Possess strong negotiation skills and can effectively close leads
- Are self-motivated, dedicated, and driven to succeed
- Love to meet and exceed goals on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Are team players with entrepreneurial spirits
- Are interested in financial markets or services, particularly private equity, and venture capital;
- Have positive, aggressive, goal-oriented attitudes and mentalities and can be motivated both as an individual and as part of a team;
- Currently a Senior in the UW Foster School, Sales Program.
- Able to commit to 10 hrs a week for 10 weeks.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.