UX Design Intern
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving. 9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on Qualtrics Experience Management to collect and analyze feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can continually assess the quality of their four core experiences—customers, employees, products, and brands. They can be at every significant touchpoint, for every experience, and predict which changes will resonate most with customers and employees.
The Qualtrics User Experience Design team is a group of designers who work on all aspects of Qualtrics’ product line to imagine new products & functionality and improve existing features. We create delightful products that users love.
Qualtrics is looking for a full-time summer UX Design intern who can (under the guidance of the UX Design team): translate user needs and business goals into wireframes and high fidelity designs, prototype interactions, and work with developers to implement their designs.
A Day in the Life
- Meet with stakeholders to understand user needs and business goals for a project you are are going to be working on.
- Solve an interaction design problem and get input from a Sr. UX Designer.
- Create a wireframe of an important taskflow.
- Attend a UX team meeting and review designs from another area.
- Digest data from a usability study and think about how to translate it into concrete user interface design improvements.
- Listen to a customer explaining their use case.
- Try out a new interactive prototyping tool.
What You’ll Learn/Gain
- Learn how to translate business requirements and user needs into tangible user interface proposals for a high profile software company.
- Improve your information architecture, interaction and visual design skills by learning from a team of UX Designers and UX leadership.
- Learn how User Experience teams function within a company and what makes a successful UX Designer.
- Learn UX industry best practices.
- Work closely with UX Researchers to gather user data. Learn how to conduct usability studies.
- Create a great case study for your portfolio.
The Expectations for Success
- You are within 1 year of graduation (undergraduate or graduate) from a program in Human-Centered Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or other related field.
- Available for a 12-16 week internship during Summer of 2019.
- You have a solid understanding of a user-centered design process.
- You have experience designing web and/or mobile applications as part of coursework or another internship.
- You’re a great collaborator.
- You love learning and you’re proactive.
- You live and breathe all things design and can’t stop yourself thinking about how to improve everything around you.
- You have a portfolio available for review.