UX Design Intern at Qualtrics
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
The Qualtrics User Experience Design team is a group of designers who work on all aspects of Qualtrics’ product line to imagine new products & functionality and improve existing features. We create delightful products that users love.
Qualtrics is looking for a full-time summer UX Design intern who can (under the guidance of the UX Design team): translate user needs and business goals into wireframes and high fidelity designs, prototype interactions, and work with developers to implement their designs.
A Day in the Life
- Meet with stakeholders to understand user needs and business goals for a project you are are going to be working on.
- Solve an interaction design problem and get input from a Sr. UX Designer.
- Create a wireframe of an important taskflow.
- Attend a UX team meeting and review designs from another area.
- Digest data from a usability study and think about how to translate it into concrete user interface design improvements.
- Listen to a customer explaining their use case.
- Try out a new interactive prototyping tool.
What You’ll Learn/Gain
- Learn how to translate business requirements and user needs into tangible user interface proposals for a high profile software company.
- Improve your information architecture, interaction and visual design skills by learning from a team of UX Designers and UX leadership.
- Learn how User Experience teams function within a company and what makes a successful UX Designer.
- Learn UX industry best practices.
- Work closely with UX Researchers to gather user data. Learn how to conduct usability studies.
- Create a great case study for your portfolio.
The Expectations for Success
- You are within 1 year of graduation (undergraduate or graduate) from a program in Human-Centered Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or other related field.
- Available for a 12-16 week internship during Summer of 2019.
- You have a solid understanding of a user-centered design process.
- You have experience designing web and/or mobile applications as part of coursework or another internship.
- You’re a great collaborator.
- You love learning and you’re proactive.
- You live and breathe all things design and can’t stop yourself thinking about how to improve everything around you.
- You have a portfolio available for review.