UX Developer Generalist Intern
Unity’s mission is to democratize game development, so a world-class developer experience is at the foundation of that mission. We are looking for a UX Developer Intern that is passionate about improving Unity to join our dynamic team and help us design and build technologies that amplify game developers’ workflow.
The UX team’s vision is to provide UX alignment, expertise, frameworks and guidelines to developers and the community. We hope this will result in every user being able to easily, efficiently and delightfully achieve their desired outcomes when using Unity’s products and services.
- Work with designers and engineers to create mockups and prototypes
- Contribute to creating demonstration material and documents
- Assists designers in the production process and technical troubleshooting
- Research Unity experimental frameworks and industry technologies to provide insight for the team
- Solid programming skills and experience with C#, C++, or Python
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the passion to learn
- Ability to learn new technologies and new areas of the tech stack
- Experience using Unity
- Experience with building tools in Unity, using IMGUI or UIElement
- Experience with building tools in any DCC tools such as Maya, 3ds, Max, Blender, etc.
Unity believes interns are the future of our company! We are looking for bright, motivated and eager students to join the Unity team for the Summer of 2019. Unity University is a 12-week internship program full of meaningful projects, learning opportunities, mentorship, and even more fun! Through mentoring from fellow colleagues, you will gain tremendous experience in multiple functional areas, setting the stage for an awesome career. Interested? Apply now!
What can I expect during my internship?
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Expected hours: interns can expect to work 40 hours per week
- Mentorship: interns will be matched with managers and mentors to help with career development over the 12 weeks
- Start dates: interns will start in 2 cohorts with either a May or June start based on school schedule
- Perks: Interns will receive competitive pay, housing assistance, commuter benefits, and an awesome work environment
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.