XR Features Engineer, Intern
Joining Unity XR Features team means not only helping us move the world’s most popular game engine forward, but It’s also an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing technology segments: Augmented and Virtual Reality.
Over half of the world’s XR content is made with Unity and our team’s mission is to work closely with platform partners and our users to build new cross-platform features that leverage the best technologies in order to solve hard problems.
- Implement new XR technologies and features in the Unity engine
- Work individually or within a small group to integrate partner technology for both
- Hardware and software platforms
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, bug fixing, user forums, and feature planning
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Strong C / C++ / C# skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work collaboratively
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Experience building experiences with Unity
- Prior AR/VR development experience
- Passion for future technologies
- Cross-platform development experience
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.