XR Features Engineer, Intern
Joining Unity XR Features team means not only helping us move the world’s most popular game engine forward, but It’s also an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing technology segments: Augmented and Virtual Reality.
Over half of the world’s XR content is made with Unity and our team’s mission is to work closely with platform partners and our users to build new cross-platform features that leverage the best technologies in order to solve hard problems.
- Implement new XR technologies and features in the Unity engine
- Work individually or within a small group to integrate partner technology for both
- Hardware and software platforms
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, bug fixing, user forums, and feature planning
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Strong C / C++ / C# skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work collaboratively
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Experience building experiences with Unity
- Prior AR/VR development experience
- Passion for future technologies
- Cross-platform development experience
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.