Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for a talented attorney to join the Convoy Legal Team. You’ll work closely with our Legal team and throughout the company on technology and intellectual property related matters. This is an opportunity to join a rocketship and make an impact from day one.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements with privacy and data security implications such as data use agreements, software licenses, shipper-broker agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and SaaS agreements.
- Proactively provide guidance to internal teams, including sales, marketing, engineering, IT, product development, partnerships, and finance.
- Work on additional projects as assigned, including efforts to develop and implement processes that improve support of business clients.
- Stay up to date on changing laws, regulations, and industry standards.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- J.D. degree as well as be a member in good standing of at least one State Bar
- 3-5 years of legal experience, with a majority privacy-focused
- 1+yrs negotiating commercial contracts
- In-house experience is preferred
- Experience at technology start-ups and/or transportation companies is preferred
- Intellectual Property experience is a plus
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!