Why build your career with the Brand Expedia Controllership team? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
- Are you a highly motivated professional with strong internal controls experience?
- Do you value diversity and thrive in a global environment?
- Are you passionate about supporting the team to help build a strong controls environment?
We invite you to join Brand Expedia as a part of a team passionate about building strategic partnerships across the Expedia organization.
What you’ll do:
The Compliance Analyst will act as a key player in the Brand Expedia Group (BEXG) Controllership team. We are looking for someone who is driven, independent, passionate for excellence, a problem solver and has an ability to make an impact. You will work with a broad list of Expedia Group’s cross-functional teams to support our business growth.
You will build connections and work across our organization to help ensure compliance with company’s policies, SOX, and other regulations (GDPR); provide overall risk management support and identify ways to add tangible value to the business for process improvements. We may also engage you in integration activities and provide support on larger enterprise initiatives by assessing risks, finding solutions to compliance concerns, and supporting internal audits.
- You will collaborate with business teams to successfully establish controls, mitigate identified risks and/or close open audit findings. This includes discovering gaps and new requirements, coordinating control environment improvement efforts by driving control implementation, tracking status, and communication to leadershi
- You will be part of the ‘front line’ in liaising with external/internal auditors and Expedia Corporate Shared Services teams. Understand new/changing compliance significant to Expedia and linking its impact on internal policies, standards and processes
- You will operate a rhythm of business for managing changes to the control environment; guide control owners in documenting their own control activities and confirming readiness for audit and/or certification
- You will participate in large enterprise initiatives, working across Expedia Group (EG) to ensure proper IT and Business controls and processes are in place to cover identified risks
- You will support the performance of risk assessments, implement planned actions and evaluate results
- You will support other projects or assignments within the BEXG Controllership team as needed
Who you are:
- You have the ability to build strong relationships with control owners and pro-actively identify changes to processes and controls through regular touchpoints
- You have the ability to suggest and develop intelligent, viable, scalable solutions when controls are deemed inefficient or ineffective in addressing risks
- You have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- You are self-motivated yet flexible, independent and adaptable in a fast-pace changing environment.
- You are curious and want to develop a working knowledge of the IT and Operational processes and controls in place within Brand Expedia
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Information Technology or Management Information Systems. Preference is given to candidates with CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) credentials
- You have a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in Audit, Security, Compliance Consulting or Risk/Control Advisory work
- You have a strong ability to work with cross-functional organizations
- You have strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.