Compliance & Legal Coordinator at Blue Nile
Blue Nile was created in 1999 by a man in love. He wanted to propose to his significant other and had the nervous excitement we all feel for that person who is just … right. But that excitement was met with frustration because of an outdated method for engagement ring shopping that only offered confusing information, limited choice, and commissioned salespeople. He knew there had to be a better way and founded Blue Nile based on a simple idea: Diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry should be fun, easy, and understandable. After all, they are meant for celebrating love.
This was a radical idea in the industry. That’s how we knew it was right. More than 500,000 couples have said “yes” to a better way to buy diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry gifts. And if you want to be part of a company that’s always blazed its own trail, we want to talk.
Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
Blue Nile is looking for a highly motivated Compliance and Legal Coordinator who will assist with the continuous improvement of the company’s various compliance initiatives in areas such as global trade compliance, legal compliance, and merchandising compliance. The goal of this position is to coordinate, support, and enhance internal compliance procedures and processes.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining programs, policies, procedures and controls to ensure company-wide compliance with trade compliance initiatives
- Organize, track, maintain and often follow up on contracts and other records/documents
- Partner with the International Team to ensure seamless delivery to Blue Nile’s international customers
- Maintain and update compliance information on the website and product catalog
- Assist with a variety of audits and assessments including import/export audits
- Support internal compliance training programs
- Provide occasional reports as needed
- Act as the Compliance Team’s subject matter expert (SME) for internal tickets and inquiries
- Help maintain the company’s HTS classification database and COO database
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers on a variety of compliance matters
- Stay informed of changes in global trade and compliance requirements
- Support the General Counsel, legal and compliance team with calendar scheduling
- Ad hoc legal and compliance projects
- College degree in international business, legal studies, supply chain, or finance; or equivalent work experience in a compliance-related role
- 1+ years related work experience required
- Strong passion for international trade or legal compliance
- Exceptional organization skills with an affinity for being detail oriented
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); role requires proactive cross functional support
- Comfortable with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Curious-minded, eager to learn and able to adapt quickly to shifts in tasks and priorities
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage, paid by employer
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus