Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
This Contracts Manager will join PayScale’s legal team to primarily support the Sales and Client Success teams by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) agreements. This individual should be comfortable supporting multiple departments and products, and have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and business needs in a rapidly changing environment. In addition, you must be able to work independently, actively identifying areas of need and generating recommended action plans. Join us and you will work with a collaborative team and have the opportunity to tackle complicated problems in a fast paced environment. In this role, this individual will:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts including, SaaS agreements, supplier agreements, professional services agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Develop and simplify internal processes.
- Work cross-functionally with teams at PayScale, including, Sales, Client Success, Finance, and Operations.
- Maintain PayScale's contract management system.
As a Contracts Manager, a typical day may include the following:
- Negotiating non-disclosure agreements and SaaS Agreement with companies of all sizes, including Fortune 500 organizations; and
- Educating individuals in the Sales, Client Success, or Sales Operations department regarding internal processes.
- Expertise in contract drafting and negotiations, especially SaaS and other technology agreements
- Have sound business and legal judgement in ambiguous situations as well as the ability to identify when counsel should be consulted
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills to prioritize multiple competing projects, and follow through and meet quick turnaround times
- Clear communicator with excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Common sense and a good sense of humor are a must
- At least 5 years of contracts management experience or similar experience with a focus on commercial contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree required; JD or advanced paralegal certificate preferred
- In-house legal experience required
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Flexible Spending Account options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care (can be used towards day care), Transit.
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave, 4-12 weeks
- 10 paid holidays
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We follow applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.