Corporate Counsel - Expedia Business Services at Expedia Group
Expedia Group is seeking a multifaceted, pragmatic, and personable attorney with experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions. You will support business clients regarding marketing, product development, contract interpretation, new business initiatives, and other commercial and regulatory matters. Reporting to the Senior Corporate counsel, this role is within the legal team that supports Expedia Business Services, which includes two B2B brands - Expedia® Partner Solutions and Egencia®.
As a global leader in the travel industry with a strong focus on innovation and technology, Expedia Group offers an outstanding opportunity to work on a diverse spectrum of matters. You will be a part of the Expedia Legal and Corporate Affairs team based in Seattle – a globally oriented legal team that is proactive, collaborative and highly-respected, and where you can work closely with internal clients in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
What You'll Do
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements (e.g., partner marketing agreements, service agreements, advertising agreements, and other business agreements);
- Providing general legal counsel to business teams and business leaders on a range of regulatory and commercial issues;
- Interacting with business management and senior legal staff to provide legal analysis, recommendations, and input on strategic and operational initiatives;
- Reviewing and revising marketing and other external communications;
- Developing and managing standardized contract templates and legal processes;
- Providing legal advice to product and tech teams;
- Managing and collaborating with outside legal counsel, including managing a legal budget;
- Collaborating with internal partners such as tax, treasury, privacy and security to deliver comprehensive legal mentorship to the business teams; and
- Providing proactive legal education to business and other internal teams.
Who You Are
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven record influencing people at all levels of an organization;
- Are good at balancing a wide range of complex matters with tight deadlines, competing priorities and minimal direction;
- Have experience leading complex commercial transactions in a B2B space;
- A proven record of establishing strong working relationships with business clients and within a legal department or law firm;
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar, ideally Washington State; and
- Have 5-8 years’ experience with a combination of private practice and in-house experience preferred. Experience working in a fast-paced, in-house legal environment is highly desirable; experience in a multi-national legal department a plus.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.