Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
We are looking for a talented Attorney to join our in-house legal team. You’ll work closely with our Legal team and throughout the company on various legal issues including privacy, intellectual properties, marketing, compliance and contract drafting and negotiations, as needed. This is an opportunity to join a rocketship and make an impact from day one.
You will be responsible for a broad range of legal issues, including:
- Advising the business on privacy, information security, intellectual property, marketing and regulatory compliance matters.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to both communicate concisely and function autonomously -- integrating legal and business knowledge to provide balanced advice;
- Monitoring changes in the industry and helping to adapt Convoy’s processes and standard agreements to reflect new legislation.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with potential customers and vendors.
- Assisting on additional projects as needed.
You must have a J.D. degree, be a member in good standing of at least one State Bar and have experience and expertise in the following areas:
- 4-6 years of prior law firm & in-house legal experience
- Intellectual Property
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts (transportation services, technology and other vendor agreements)
Experience in the following preferred Industries:
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!