ExtraHop Networks is looking for a highly-qualified Corporate Counsel to help meet the needs of a fast-paced and rapidly growing enterprise cyber analytics company. ExtraHop’s technology monitors our customers’ applications, networks and other information technology to optimize performance and protect from cyber-attacks, with offerings in the cloud, on hardware and software on-premises and with hybrid software-as-a-service deployments backed by advanced machine learning.
The successful candidate will join our business-savvy legal team and be responsible for supporting commercial transactions for our worldwide direct and channel sales, professional services and customer success teams. In addition to negotiating large enterprise sales contracts with Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 businesses, this role will involve developing playbooks, policies and trainings to scale our business and further improve transactional velocity, while protecting the company’s interests and value.
This attorney will report to ExtraHop’s General Counsel and be based in ExtraHop’s Seattle, WA headquarters.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including agreements relating to hardware sales and subscription, technology licensing, marketing, professional services, and direct and indirect distribution.
- Provide project management, implementation and training in key areas.
- Collaborate with the company’s sales, channel and customer success teams to understand and ensure consistency of agreement terms with the company’s business, financial and risk management objectives.
- Respond promptly to requests for legal advice from internal clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise internal clients regarding legal and business issues, including identifying, managing and communicating risks and opportunities associated with specific agreements, approval processes, company policies and procedures, negotiation strategy and business objectives and initiatives.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement and problem solving by the legal department.
- Consistently anticipate, guard against, provide timely evaluation and guidance of, and propose mitigation strategies for and advise management of potential risks in contractual, regulatory, compliance, financial and legal areas.
- Handle other various legal and ad hoc projects as necessary.
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience drafting and negotiating sales contracts, services agreements, licenses, and intellectual property agreements. In-house experience a must.
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk, and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage several simultaneous projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, and superior work ethic.
- Highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong academic credentials and membership in one state bar is required; license to practice in the State of Washington preferred.
- Experience negotiating data privacy and data security agreements, or government contracting a plus.
- Ability to work in team settings; common sense and a good sense of humor required.
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named toWealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inauguralDisruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.