Corporate Counsel at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is seeking a talented Corporate Counsel to join its collaborative legal team. We are looking for a highly capable and motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to assist us in supporting the sales function and other parts of the business. This is an opportunity to exercise and strengthen business negotiation and counseling skills in a fast-paced sales environment in which developing relationships and reliability are key. Other projects and responsibilities will be opportunities to contribute in different ways. This position reports to the Senior Corporate Counsel and is located at our office in Bellevue, WA.
- Work with the Bellevue commercial sales team to negotiate, draft, and review commercial agreements concerning subscription software, data processing, intellectual property use, and professional services.
- Provide practical business counsel and legal advice to sales and other departments with customer-facing responsibilities.
- Liaise with various company stakeholders to gather information and approvals necessary for contract-related matters.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement, alternate language playbooks, and internal resource documents pertaining to contracts and other legal practice areas.
- Collaborate with all members of the legal team across office locations (Boston and London), including attorney and non-attorney personnel.
- Assist in delivering training and guidance to employees on legal issues, best practices, and company policies.
- Support general business operations and complete special projects as requested.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant legal experience. Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Exposure to negotiating with customers and working directly with sales representatives.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend practical solutions that balance legal and business risks.
- Skilled at developing strong partnerships with other members of the legal team as well as members of other business units.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong team- and service-oriented mentality are a must.
- Flexibility, agile thinking, and aptitude for problem solving.
- Persistent attention to detail.
- Able to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment that places a high premium on excellence, execution, and teamwork.
- JD from an accredited law school and an active member of the WA bar.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.